Thursday, July 24, 2008

Random Stuff

Music on my IPod: Guns and Roses ALWAYS makes me run faster. They use a lot of cow bells in their songs and that makes me run fast.
Van Halen (OLD) songs have the best intros, U2 has the worst intros.
- I realized that my son didn’t know the band Van Halen was named for 2 members of the band. I feel like I’ve failed as a parent. Don’t we have a obligation to teach our young? He has a short time left until school starts and I’m going to put him on a heavy diet of old school rock.

I ran today for 30 minutes at lunch and my legs were heavy. I’m starting my 20 week plan a couple of weeks late so I have to get up to speed fast. I am enjoying it again!

I have my 20 year high school reunion coming up next week and I’m starting to get a little excited. They have started a Facebook type site and I’ve been reading about old friends and see how old and bald everyone has gotten. It’s kind of neat to see the pictures of my classmates and their families. I’m going to have a blast.

I’ve had another death in the family. Too many this year! It does make me take a look at my life every time. I have also got some crap going on at work that sucks. I need a new job close to home.

I have been reading race reports from the latest Ironman finishers that I know and it just makes me want it! I want to push myself to those levels, to see what the body can do.

I’m tring to make this a little long so that I can get rid of the picture of my in my swimsuit off my page. I’m tired of see it and it starts to creep you out after a while. Forget i, I just took the picture down.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Haha, thank god. No offense, but you needed to wax ;).

I'm so excited for you - I can tell that you sound pumped about getting some running in. Woohoo!!

Marcy said...

Ooooooooo nothing like a little reunion to show off the hawt bod, huh? ;-)

Kevin said...

I am glad you are enjoying running again. Hopefully you are out of the funk.