Friday, August 15, 2008

I want to marry the Olympics!

That is how I must love the Olympics. Is it just me? Do you feel the emotions that each athlete goes through as they compete? Do you feel the rush of pride when that flag is raised and the anthem plays?

I find myself watching events that I don’t really care about with athletes that I’ve never heard of and I feel a connection. It’s the USA and that’s my team! When the US won the free relay the other night I was out of bed screaming at the TV and fist pumping as if that was my teammate finishing strong. I just love it!

USA

USA

USA

2 comments:

Kevin said...

The tough thing is the fact that most of the swimming is on after 10PM. UGH. But otherwise, definitely some great stuff

Brian said...

I agree, I don't care much about badminton but you put the US against China and it's one baby!
I love it all!

My A$$ has been dragging a bit, but it's the least I can do for our find olympians.