Friday, August 22, 2008

Double Digits

The plan has me hitting double digits for the first time this weekend. I know 10 miles is not much for a lot of folks out in the world but it is a big hurdle for me and will be my longest run to date. I do think I ran further at the in-laws house but I can't count that.

The past couple of weeks have been a challenge. My son went back to school and the gym at work is getting remodeled (can't shower) so I have had to run at home. I plan most morning to get up early and run but the Olympics have kept me up late so that never happens. That means I have to run after work and that just sucks. Sammy did ride his bike with me one day this week and that was nice.

Next week things will get back to normal and I can get down to business right before the runs start to get even longer. I never thought that I could run this much but I am and my legs let me know it ever day.

Did anyone watch the long distance swims? Those guys and girls are crazy.


I also turned 39 this past week and with it came the thoughts about age. When I was a kid I thought 40 was old. My dad was surely "older" then me at 39 right? I think I need a BIG race for next year, something to make me feel like a kid again!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Happy birthday!!

How bout a half iron for next year?

An Athlete In Training said...

A little late on the wishes, but happy birthday! (That's what I get for taking a weekend off of blog reading).

I'm with you on the Olympics - I'm glad they are over simply so I can get back to a normal sleeping schedule!