Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Still Going!

I'm still alive and moving. I have noticed something lately; as my long runs get further and further, I get slower. I don't mean I start out running one pace and it drops off, I mean I start out running slower. I figure by the time I run a marathon I will be walking the whole thing.

My son has been on a turtle kick now for the past couple of weeks and I have been refusing to get him another pet for me to take care. I guess fate stepped in and I happen to see one crossing the street as I was running this past weekend so we now have a tutle. I did have to run with a turtle in my hand for the last 3 or 4 miles but that is what fathers do, right?

I was reading a blog the other day about motivational videos and I forgot this one: I love AC/DC when I run.



And all of the Lance videos for Nike are great.

3 comments:

An Athlete In Training said...

Hah! Running down the road with a turtle...don't see that one everyday

Wes said...

Hey Sam! Yea, I saw a turtle on the sidewalk the other morning, and I smiled. He was safe though. No running with me that day, and yea, that's what "good" fathers do!!!

Brian said...

Thanks for the videos, I'll be thinking of the AC/DC one when I'm running in the hot sun.