Tuesday, September 30, 2008

20 miles!

It was not all good but not all bad either. 20 miles is further then I ever thought I would run. Now I know I can finish a marathon. I may be crawling but I will finish. I am a little concerned about the time that it took for me to complete the run. It was slow to start with and then got real slow. I don't want to say numbers but the last 5.1 miles was 9 minutes slower then the first. That is a big drop and my legs were getting a little shaky.

Great news: My wife found a job that she seems to like. It’s at a very small AM radio station. She will be doing sales and marketing but they also want her on the air. She is so excited. I can't tell you the pressure that this takes off of my shoulders. Money is tight. Maybe now I can sign up for the event I have been training for so long! I have also worn out my running shoes.

I'm on Jury Duty this week. This has got to be the worst process to pick peers that anyone could come up with. What is wrong with just having random folks as your jury? Why do they need to ask me ANY question other then do you know this man or anything about this case? Lawyers make everything way to complex and I truly feel they are the cause of a lot of what is wrong in the would today. I did get to go home a little early and passed a church that was doing a blood drive. I have not been able to give in a long time and I was so happy to pull in and give. What a great feeling. If you can, go give blood. It helped my father for so long and it saves lives every day.

3 comments:

Brian said...

20 miles, dude your a bad a$$.

Congrats on the new distance.

Wes said...

I'm not sure 20 miles ever gets any easier :-) But you are right! You can run a marathon now!! Hurry and get signed up. Congrats for the wife (and a new pair of shoes :-)

Kevin said...

Congrats on hitting the 20 mile mark. Congratulations to your wife on the new job.