Wednesday, September 17, 2008

15

With every new distance I hit I have always felt like I had something more to give, that I could have kept going. After the run this weekend I feel done. I ran between 15 and 16 miles and I feel discouraged. I had nothing left and my body hurt in new places. I know I didn't get enough to drink because I lost 8 pounds and had to change clothes after 10 miles because they were so heavy with sweat. I'll make sure to get more fluids in me for the next long run. The thing that really bothers me is that it beat me mentally. I kept running but I know question if I can make 26.2 and if I WANT to run again. I'll do like I always and just keep on keeping on until I have a good run and things will be good.

On a VERY positive note I did not have any problems with my nipples this weekend. I used a ton of body glide and that seemed to do the trick. I know this seems like a stupid thing to be worried about but they were killing me after the long runs.

UPDATE: I whine just too damn much. Sorry. I ran on Monday and I'll run again today. I'm going to start pushing the pace a little to see if I can get my speed a little faster. It sucks when you think that if I could just run 1 minute faster per mile I could save almost 1/2 hour in the race. I used to run faster, what happened?

1 comment:

rit said...

My solution to the chafing problem: run shirtless. (though I admit that this may be easier to do now than in, say, January)