Friday, October 3, 2008

Now I just have to run it!

I finally did it. I registered for my first marathon, The Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon on November 8th. I also went out last night and got some new running shoes. My old shoes stink so bad that my son had to move my bag with the shoes to another room so that he could do his homework. I wanted to get the same shoes that I have now but they did not have them so I went to the next model. I hope they work out. I have also decided that my IPod is due for some new songs and I need to get rid of the ones that I just skip past. I went old school and found some LL Cool J, MC Hammer and old Prince. I’m just putting upbeat songs to see if I can pick up the pace a bit.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Glad to hear you signed up for it. It sounds like you will be really ready come race day. Cant wait to hear how you do

Steve Stenzel said...

Sweet old school mix!

Amy said...

Hi! I'm running the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon, too!! (Although, I have yet to sign up... I'm a wee bit superstitious and usually wait till a week or two before to sign up). Good luck with your 20 miler. My long runs this training period have been fairly non-existent... so, Chickmauga should be pretty interesting for me!