Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Good Run

I was about 2 miles in to my run yesterday when I realized that something was missing. My music! I sometimes run with and sometimes without my MP3 player. When I run at work it is usually with the tunes in my ear. The weather was so nice and with all the flowers blooming I just took in the view and kept moving. I continue to try new routes and it’s nice to see new things.

Today was another great weather day. I was ready to run and this time remembered my mp3 player. Running at lunch has turned in to a nice midday escape. As I stomped along the route a song came on that always reminds me of my dad. At times I can almost feel him running with me and I run with ease for the whole time the song plays. I have 2 songs on bring on this feeling and they seem to always come on when I’m feeling low. Today I just stopped and walked while the song played. I enjoyed my moment with dad.

Sometime back I was sent a like to a video: The last lecture of Randy Pausch . It’s worth the time to look it up and watch. It’s very moving and last night I watched a special about this man and his story. It’s got me thinking.

5 comments:

Kellye Mills said...

That's nice! The weather has been great!!

Marcy said...

I saw him (Randy) on Oprah. Absolutely amazing man :-)

Gotta Run..... said...

I can take it or leave it when it comes to running with music.... unless I am on the dreadmill... then it is a must.

So you are a Tri guy. Love the group photo on your earlier post.

Kevin said...

The right music can really help a run go by. I tend to mix the music up to help keep things fresh

Sarah said...

Hope you got a chance to ride today, it's gorgeous out!!! Can you believe St. A's is in 2 weeks? It doesn't seem possible!!