Thursday, November 6, 2008

Baby I was born to run!

I’ll be hitting the road with the family tomorrow as soon as the boy gets home from school. I’m having a hard time clearing my mind of all the negatives. I don’t remember ever thinking that I may not finish until this week. I always just thought that if things go bad I’ll just walk some. I’m not worried about the foot pain but my back is a game stopper. I hate to fail at anything and I know I’ll push it to the brink. I sure don’t want to look like a failure to my son.

I have completely changed the songs on the mp3 player for the race. I have everything from AC/DC to the Beach Boys. I pulled new and old songs, anything that mad me smile made the list.

I’ve been thing about what to do exercise wise come Monday. I want to keep up some kind of running and may go back to the Power 90X. I never gave it a fair shot because I was training for St. Anthony’s at the time. I’m also going to make a real attempt to lose some more weight.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Sam, I know you can do it. Just go out there and remember to have fun. Enjoy the scenery and think about how great it is to be out there and doing something great for yourself. Remember how great it will feel to cross the finish line! You get something special there I think for it being your first!

Kevin said...

Have a great race!! You can do it!

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Good luck!

Marcy said...

GOOD LUCK!!! Have a great race!

An Athlete In Training said...

Best of luck. Have a blast!