Monday, November 3, 2008

I Feel Pretty!

I feel like a girl because I went out the weekend and got me a new running outfit for the big day. Nothing special but it’s at least running cloths. The shorts that I usually run in are heavy and just get heavier as the run gets further.

My running has been non-existent for the past 2 weeks because I'm just plain done, I'm burnt out. My mind and body just want to stop and take a break. It’s mostly my mind. I need something new and fresh to get me excited again. I peaked a few weeks ago with the running and I never recovered. When this is over I’ll take a week or so off and then start running without thinking about the time or distance again.

I don’t know what to expect for this weekend. I have been tossing around goals in my head and that has just made me miserable. So, I now have just 2 goals: finish and be able to go to work on Monday.

I still have not nailed down nutrition. The good news is that I can eat just about anything and I don’t feel sick. The bad news is that nothing seems to give me any kind of lift; I may just need to eat sooner and more often. That is what I’m planning for Saturday.

As I write this the nervousness that I have been feeling are starting to change to excitement. I think it was just me saying that I now have no time goals. I think that I forgot that I’m doing this for fun (and so I can brag to my older brother).


ATLANTA FALCONS FOOTBALL RULES!

3 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Well, a true girl wouldn't buy new shorts the week before a race - unexpected chafing is a very bad thing :-)

Anonymous said...

YAY! I love it! This is so something I would do!

Gotta Run..... said...

I am a beleiver that once you reach the "burnt out" stage you are ready. I also know that just as much as you want to take a break you will be ready to run following your event sooner than you think.

It has only been days since my 54 miler and I can not wait to get moving again. CRAZY!!!