Monday, February 18, 2008

Faster then a speeding turtle


Here is the Saturday training group. We did not have an official training but a smaller group got together closer to home to go for a ride and run. About 1/2 of us went for a 20 mile ride and 1/2 did even more. I was with the slower group of riders and I was holding them up big time. I’m so slow that they had to stop and wait on me several times. I'm amazed at how easy people go by me on the bike. I hope to one day ride as easy as they do. This ride did have hills including a couple of big ones and at one point I wanted to get off of the bike and walk up the hill. I'm proud to say that I made it 20 miles and then ran another 1 and 1/2 miles. I'm not proud to say that I'm still feeling the burn 2 days later.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog, I appreciate it :) It's some tough competition. Awesome about St. A's - we need to have a blogger meetup!

Wes said...

Hey Sam! Thanks for coming by! Now, tell me that you didn't sign up for an Olympic distance tri as your first? ROFL!!! That, my friend, takes guts :-)

I wouldn't worry so much about how you compare to others yet. This first tri is all about fun (and reaching your charitable goals). After you get a good base under your belt, then the speed will start to pick up, and you can do a few things to work on that!