Thursday, February 14, 2008

No Turning Back

I have had bad, I mean real bad training sessions lately and seriously thought about backing out of my upcoming race but.... last night I committed. Well, I re-committed. Team in Training has a date that you must tell them go or no go. Go means that you are going to continue training and more importantly raise money. You have to commit to rising the money or come out of pocket yourself. I'm a little under $2000 away from the goal now so I'm a little nervous. Stacie is starting to raise money for me now so I think I'll make it to my goal but the thought still drags me down as I train. I also figured it's going to cost me about $1000 to have Sammy and Stacie go to the event with me; add that to the equipment cost and this thing is expensive. Oh well, it will be so worth it in the end and I’ll be a healthier person to boot!

No comments: