Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Water , Water, Everywhere

And I drank a lot! Monday was swim night and we got a surprise. They changed the pool over to long course. That means that instead of swimming 25 yards to a wall you now swim 50 yards before you have a wall to grab. I'll reserve judgment on witch on is better for a while. It's hard to not be able to grab on but it makes the sets go faster. It's seems a lot easier to swim up and back for 100 yards then up, back, up back. I still seem to be getting slower with every swim. The good news is that I’m getting slower on the bike and run also. My hopes of winning the Tri over slowing fading!

Wednesday night we had a bike lesson up at REI. The Tri coach for Team in Training (Mark) put on a clinic and taught us some little lessons about how to maintain our bikes. We even learned to change a tire. I have changed a few tires in my lifetime but I now think I can do it in under an hour. We had a bunch of the new tri team in attendance. Most were women training for the Iron Girl Tri. It felt kind of good to see people that were just starting, I felt like a pro compared to these folks. They should mix the 2 teams on some training sessions because I feel like I could help answer some of the stupid questions that the seasoned team members don’t even think about anymore.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my god. Have I told you how much I love your bike's name?! It's awesome.

I'm swimming tonight too. And, uh, I'm slow. I'll be checking back to hear how it went!