Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I got my swagger back!


I got my swagger back is a song by Will Smith that I like to listen to while I run. The Fresh Prince raps happy and puts me in a good mood.
Last night was swim night and it we were told it would be another continuous swim. We were given the choice of 500, 800, or 1100 yard swim. Me being the sissy I am picked the 500. I really wanted the 800 but got confused and jumped in with the wrong crowd. We started and right away I knew I made a mistake, these folks were swimming real slow. I made my way tro the front and never looked back. I finished the swim and the coaches said to keep going so I did. I ended up swimming a 750 and felt like I could have gone all night. I felt good again; slipper smooth and moving with each stroke. The rest of the workout after we completed the continous swim was good also. We did a set of 100's that felt good. I think I may have figured out my stroke again and it all goes back to the drills. It also helped to stop thinking and just swim because my body knows what to do if my brain would shut up (see the post below).

1 comment:

iJuls said...

Hello Sam,

I have not heard that song but I'll have to check it out. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I will try to stop by periodically to see what you are up to.

FYI, bloglines and google reader are great ways to allow your readers to never lose track of your posting. You may want to check it out.