Monday, May 12, 2008

10k on the 10th Virtual Club Run Race Report


10K on the 10th

This race rocks! I began the day by getting up in plenty of time to make it to the starting line; I ate my usual race breakfast of a bagel with peanut butter downed some Gatorade and hit the road. I drove to the park that my race was to be held and to my surprise it was empty. I thought for this big of a race that the parking lot would be crammed. I grabbed the tunes and hit the trail.

The park that I run at on the weekends is nice, real nice. It has a 2.2 mile paved route around a lake and through woods. You get just enough sun and shade and the hills are small. It also has each tenth of a mile marked in both directions. I also love to run here because you get to see the ducks, geese, and other wildlife. I never get tired of seeing a duck in the water with his butt in the air (always makes my laugh) and think it is real cool to see them fly in and land on the water. At the end of my run I saw some baby geese eating as the parents kept an eye on me. I’ve determined that if a goose does not move away as you run closer to it then you need to avoid that goose.

My mind continues to tell my body to stop running. It’s a constant battle that today my body won. I have to play little games to keep myself going. About halfway in to the run I spotted a lady with a pony tail running far in front of me. Now, for me a girl with a pony tail is it! I’m like a kitten chasing string. It was a good game to play for a while until I caught up close enough to see that it was NOT a pony tail and she had her pants pulled up to her armpits. I passed the lady and continued on to find the next game.

Nearing the end of the run I found some more motivation, it was a pony tail girl catching me! One part of the trail was open for about ½ mile and I could see that I had a girl that was running pretty good behind me. Now, I love to have people in front of me so that I can try to catch them but I hate to have people catch and pass me. I can handle the people that fly going by me but I dislike it when someone that is about my pace “beats me”. I picked it up a bit and never saw her again.

I ran the complete distance at a time of 54:54.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Nice running, loved the games. :D

Thanks so much for running with us. Glad it got you going.

Look for a full report on the race....

Nancy

Marcy said...

OMG I'm so LMAO! Dude don't you jsut love it (I'm being sarcastic LOL) when you're trying to catch someone and you think "Hey this could be someone totally hot" and it turns out to be a bust? GAHHHHHHH

Great job with the run ;D

Kevin said...

I can just imagine what your face must've looked like when you caught up on the woman and found out ick its not a hot woman with a ponytail but some ugly woman with her pants up to her armpits

Tea said...

Ok...first of all, I owuld like to argue that no one can have the name "slow" in their name when they can finish a 10k in under an hour.

Next, I always laugh when I see ducks doing that too. There's just something about getting mooned by a duck that makes my day.

Great race!

Brian said...

Good run, but too bad you can't erase the pony tail girl thing.
Other that that is a good read.

Wes said...

Dude! Why would you want to eat a "beagle"? What did that puppy ever do to you :-D

I like pony tails too... Something about being married that makes women cut off all their hair. Oopsie. Now I'm in big trouble ;-)

That's an wesome (new word) time on the 10K! You really ran fast! Congrats!!!