Monday, May 5, 2008

Kickin' Back



After much thought I've decided that Triathlons are not for me. Just kidding! This sport sucks you in because you know that you can always do a little better. I'm looking forward to the next event and many more down the road.

It's been over a week since the race and I'm ready to start back. I wanted so badly to train this weekend and had some really good options but I needed some family time. So this weekend I trained by drinking beer, eating junk, and sleeping late.

Races I’m thinking about:

Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon - Lifelong goal is to finish a marathon
The Tugaloo Triathlon
The Siege on Fort Yargo – This is a team event that some co-workers want me to do with them.
Peachtree City Sprint Triathlon

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Ahh I could use a weekend like that. Those are all great races. I am thinking bout chikamagua. Its about 6 weeks after my 70.3 Race. It would be my first marathon as well

Marcy said...

Sounds like a most excellent weekend to me ;D You deserve it!

Brian said...

Hey,

I ran the Chickamauga last year, good run, small but good.

The Tugaloo Triathlon, I wanted to do this one last year but I let Chickamauga training get in the way, needlessly.

Looks like you've got a good race calendar going.

-Brian