Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dragin' Ass

I'm dragin' ass today and I hurt all over! I have only been bringing it for 3 days now and I hurt. I think I’m going to lose weight because my arms hurt too bad to lift any food to my mouth. I still can’t stand the instructor on the videos but I can see that after 90 days I will be in better shape.

I made the mistake of running at lunch Tuesday and then doing the power 90x thing when I got home. The run was great! I finally found a nice 4 mile route around my office building that has little traffic and good hills. I was happy that I could start using this as my everyday run and start working my more miles on the weekend. The problem started when I got home and determined that I was to do some workout called Plyometrics (Explosive jumping cardio routine proven to dramatically improve athletic performance). I tried to bring it and I failed. I made it halfway through when my knee could no longer take it.

Last night I brought it again for the Shoulder and Arm workout. It hurt but I got it done. I was hoping to run again today but I’m not feeling it and I want to be able to run the 10k on the 10th - . Tonight is yoga so I’m hoping it will help me get all these kinks out.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend. Remember to enjoy yourself.

5 comments:

Marcy said...

OMG! ROFLMAO HAHAHAHA Awwhh man that's too funny!
"I think I’m going to lose weight because my arms hurt too bad to lift any food to my mouth"

I'm sorry the arms are sore though :-(

Kevin said...

Its funny I keep visualizing this wannabe pro wrestler blabbering about bringin it

Wes said...

That Power 90x thing sounds like it would put me in the hospital :-) I heard plyometrics are good for you too. I think I'll wait to see if you break anything first before I try it ;-)

Brian said...

So, only 86 days left?

It's going to get better.

Mel said...

Hi Sam,
Thank you so much for your very kind comments on my blog during my mental break :) I am happy you are having sucess in your training and the comment about your arms are to sore to lift food to your mouth...funny let me know if that diet works :) you might be on the new, best thing:)

Mel