Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Another Day another training plan

I have decided that I need to help my wife with her eating plan by doing it also. She has me counting points and looking at labels. I have always been a eat better food and exercise kind of person but I go along with the plan. Recently I have started eating more small meals throughout the day and it works pretty well. The one big issue I have always had was the time I’m at home. At night and on the weekends I just eat and that does not help Stacie (my wife) at all. So I’m going to give the eating and counting thing a try. I started this morning by MEASURING my Raisin Bran. Yep, seemed crazy but I did it.

Stacie also wanted me to get up this morning and do a workout video with her. I have a hard time getting up in the morning so I put it all on her to get us going. I told her that she had to make me get out of bed. This was just mean because I knew she would not get up and sure enough when the alarm went off this morning and I nudged her she said she was tired. That was all I needed to re-set the alarm and go back to bed. I will start getting up before work but not today!

I had planned to go running today at lunch but we have had a link go down between our 2 sites and that means I have to stay at my desk until we can get it resolved. It sucks because it has nothing to do with us and is a widespread problem. I can't do a thing to help Bellsouth fix the problem but It just does not look right if the link is down and I’m not at my desk working. So, no run.

After much consideration I have decided to put my focus in to this race: http://georgiaruns.blogspot.com/2008/05/mock-triathlon-my-house.html
It is getting bigger as the word spreads but I think I may be able to place in the top 10 if I can even finish. I'll register later today.

I saw my older brother Andy the last 2 days at the funeral. The more I talk to him the more I’m convinced that he could be swayed to do a triathlon and would love it. Get a bike and start running; I’ll see you in a month at the beach.

Link got resolved so I’m going for a run!

No comments: