Monday, June 23, 2008

Quick Trip Conspiracy


I wrote a while back about my dependence on the fountain drinks from QT (Quick Trip gas stations). I have been a regular for many, many years until my recent challenge to cut it out of my life. After I got through the shakes and the night sweats and I no longer have the desire for a drink. This morning I go to QT to get gas and try to pay at the pump and the pump tells me to see the cashier. I try again and get the same result so I go inside. The cashier tells me that it happens sometimes and to go pump and she will run it inside when I'm done. OK, I do this and come back in and she runs the card. She then looks at me as I’m about to leave and says why don’t you get a drink for all your troubles. I say no thank you and she pushes it again with “Are you sure”. No I'm no sure. I want the drink now. I look over at my old friend (the soda fountain) and run out of the store. I could be just imagining things but I think they want me back!

I got on old Pokey this weekend (pokey is my bike, not my wife) and went for a ride with 2 new friends. Richard and Brian from the mock tri were nice enough to let me slow them down on a 20 mile loop. The ride had a few hills and much less traffic then the 12 mile loop we did in the mock Tri. I had a good time and Brian even cleaned my bike for me after the ride. You can’t ask for more then that. I look forward to more rides with this group, they are good people.

Good luck to everyone doing Iron Girl this weekend. It is right up the street from my house so I may swing by and cheer for all the girls.

5 comments:

Marcy said...

LMAO! Why do they have to make it so hard?

Nancy said...

HA HA that was definitely a test. Congrats on passing.

Kevin said...

Congrats on being able to Just Say No!

Wes said...

Brian never cleaned my bike... That bastard!! :-)

Anonymous said...

It's QT policy