Thursday, June 5, 2008

I feel good!

Today I ran for Sue.

I’m tired but it’s the good tired. I went for a run at lunch today and really pushed my body when my mind said to stop. It’s the battle that I’m sure we all face; to keep going when your head is screaming stop.

I have an addiction that I’m once again fighting and it’s so hard. I crave it and it calls to me. I’m addicted to QT (Quick Trip) soda. Almost every day for at least 5 years I have stopped at QT and grabbed a 32 oz fountain soda. My usual mix is about 75% Diet Mountain Dew and 25% Code Red. I have tried to stop many times and it always pulls me back. Well I’m trying again! Yesterday was day 1 and I’m feeling it. I just don’t have the energy and my mind even seems a little slower. I have in the past had headaches when I tried to stop but this time it seems a little better. As far as addictions go I didn’t think this was that bad but I did just see this http://www.thatsfit.com/2006/10/09/want-a-quick-trip-to-diabetes-osteoporosis-tooth-decay-and-obe/ and I can always tell when I drink too much soda because my hands swell. So I’ going to cut it out (or way down) for good this time. I hope!

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Way to go on your run. I have the same sofa problem. I go in spurts. Sometimes I'll drink it a couple times a day and then Ill go a few weeks without one.Good luck on quitting the soda

Sarah said...

Man, Kevin has a sofa problem ;) Must get expensive! Heehee.

I have a diet coke addiction that I kicked for a while (nothing but water) and then started drinking it again. I'm attempting to kick the habit again, we'll see how it goes.

Kellye Mills said...

Oh... I'm with you on this one!! I LOVE fountain Diet Coke... and if it were up to me, I'd drink it all day long. So I've cut down to one a day. I can't give it up completely yet though. Everyone's got to have something! :)
Good Luck!

Marcy said...

Ooohh I hear you! But my prob is not soda but coffee. I "try" and stop but I always get sucked back in.