Monday, June 2, 2008

Good/Bad News

My x-sister-in-law passed away this weekend and I have mixed feeling. She has suffered these last years like no person I have ever seen. This disease is like being trapped in a living jail. She could not move or talk but her mind never left. I can’t even image the pain that this must have caused. I have never asked God to take someone until now, she suffered and I truly believe she is in a better place. I have seen people in my life slowly lose their mind and others slowly lose their body. Until now I never really knew witch was worst. I think losing your body is harder on you and losing your mind is harder on the family. No more gloom I just hate that my son has to go to another funeral.

Last night I went for a swim. I can see the neighborhood pool from my house and it was empty. It has been weeks since I really swam and it felt great to have the pool to myself. I don’t know how far I swam or for how long but it felt good and I think I’ll try to get down ever night. Tonight I swam for Ina – she’s afraid of the water.

I promise this is the last downer post.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, but I do agree with you, she is no longer suffering. I actually enjoyed reading about what you are doing and it's a much needed reminder that there are others who would love to be able to do what we can. It is a gift that our bodies are able.

Kevin said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss. She is definitely in a better place.

Brian said...

Wow, that's got to be tough on the family.
Not sure what more I can say, I keep erasing everything else I've typed.

Nancy said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. She is surely in a better place now.