Monday, June 16, 2008

I Got That Feeling


I wanted to start out by saying that I enjoyed meeting everyone this weekend and thank you so much Brian for putting on the first event. I had a great time!

This weekend was a good one and just what I needed to get the juices flowing again. I got my stuff packed and headed out to the first PHAT B's Tri Club Triathlon. I was pumped because it was pretty close to the house and I was going to get to meet a few of the people that write the blogs I read everyday. I was more excited about hanging out after the mock triathlon then the event itself.

We started out swimming and it felt like swimming in the ocean but it was nice to get my feet wet and everyone swam well. I was impressed with how easy Kevin got though the choppy water. I can see that out of all of us he is the one that is the most excited about the whole Triathlon thing. I used to be that excited and meeting this group got the Tri juices pumping again. We then went in to a very long transition where I was able to go to my car and get my shoes and still be waiting on folks. Sarah pointed out that the boys were taking too long putting on their makeup!

I was glad we decided to stick together on the bike ride. We had all different speeds and I did not want anyone to get lost on the roads. We had to stop a few times for bike problems but the ride was good. I felt like I had a lot more to give on the bike then I thought I would after such a long break. It felt great to get on the open road and just ride and I started to get excited about triathlons again. I could see that a few of the group really wanted to get going but we stayed pretty close. Wes and Kevin went back out for another loop but I was good to just run.

The run was short and sweet; a nice flat 1 mile loop that I did twice.

My favorite part of the PHAT B's Tri Club Triathlon was just hanging out afterwards with some really good folks. Thanks everyone and I hope we can do it again.

Now, what race to do! I think the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon is up next.

6 comments:

Brian said...

Hey Sam,

Glad you could come out and join us, it was a blast.

I see you like Chickamauga, while its a great event and I recommend it, its still a little far out on the calendar. I think you still time for a tri before you start marathon training.

Kevin said...

It was great to finally meet you. I had a great time.

You should come out some time to the Monday group ride at Mama's BnB in Buford. There is a good bunch of folks and its a no drop ride. I used to ride it all the time. I havent been there in awhile, but plan on going back soon

Mel said...

See now your slacker butt is back into it :) You got out there and got a little taste and now you are ready to RACE...way to get motivated:)

Marcy said...

Sounds like such an awesome time ;D ;D

An Athlete In Training said...

Great meeting you this weekend Sam!

Kellye Mills said...

Wow! That's an awesome goal! Glad to hear your starting to get the energy back!!