Monday, March 10, 2008

A Cold Sunday Ride

It finally happened. The moment I have been waiting for the past month. I had just finished a good ride on old pokey and felt really proud. I had ridden this route 1 other time and it killed me, today it was much better. Colder but better. As I was pulling in to the parking lot to finish up the ride I unclipped my right shoe from the bike and pulled up next to my car on the right, problem was I leaned left and fell to the ground. I felt pretty stupid on the ground, bike on top of me with my foot still clipped in. Everyone has told me that it will happen and I guess I just joined the club. At least the pavement was warm.

After my fall I got up and surveyed the damage, I had shifted my seat and knocked the chain loose. I wasn’t going to run but decided I needed to end on a positive note so I took off the bike shoes and put on the running shoes. It was cold and my toes were still frozen from the ride. I had seen people wearing little booty over their shoes and always thought they looked goofy, I now see why they do it. It took about a mile of running for my toes to get the feeling back. I felt pretty good on the run and ended up running 3 miles. Not a bad day, 20 mile ride, 3 mile run, and I learned what it feels like to fall on my bike.

1 comment:

Wes said...

Excellent brick workout! and good training, especially the falling over on the side thing :-) You'll do those once in a while to remind you of your humble beginnings!!