Thursday, March 27, 2008

Feeling Good

This week has been a good one so far. Monday was a good swim with the team. Tuesday I went out and tested if I was over my sickness with a short 2 ½ mile run and lunch. I still coughed up more mucus then normal but it felt good to be able to breathe again. I begin Wednesday with a swim before work witch is a small miracle. I HATE getting up early but it getting close to race time and I don’t have many more opportunities to swim before the big day. After work I planned on going to get my oil changed before I went to a teammate’s fundraiser. When I got to the shop at 6PM they told me that they could not get it done today so I went to plan B.

Plan B was group run that a local running store puts on every Wednesday night. I have been told that many TNT (Team in Training) marathon team members participate in and as a Bonus – it was right next to the fundraising event. I was a little discouraged when most folks said they were running way more then I wanted to run and they ALL looked like serious runners. I ended up running 4 miles through some great neighborhoods and along a golf course. It makes the time go by a lot faster when you have something to look at as you run. I can’t say that I could have gone on running forever but I felt pretty good at the end and I finished just in time to make it to the fundraiser. I am starting to feel real good about this event.

3 comments:

Wes said...

Your training is coming along very well. I haven't determined if your team is doing at least one or two open water swims before the big day. It is a must!! Almost warm enough for me now. It might get into the 80s one day next week!! Woo hoo!!!

Nancy said...

Way to take advantage of the extra time! You'll do great.

Sarah said...

Nice job! You are doing so well. Is the Wednesday night run from Big Peach in Brookhaven? That's a hilly course, but good for training. I always end up at the tail end of my group.