Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Out of the Fog and in to the light.


It’s Tuesday and that means that I swam last night with Team in Training. We did another continuous swim. It’s not really continuous because we are snaking down the pool from lane to lane and then have to get out at one end and run to the other a start over. When I heard that we were doing another long swim I was determined to push myself harder this time then I did the last time. We were offered the choice of 800, 1100, or 1400 yards to swim. I was thinking 1400 when a teammate TOLD me that I was doing 1400. A little push was all I needed because I am easily influenced (peer pressure). The start was crowed and it took me a few hundred yards to move through the slower people and find some open water to get in a groove. It felt good and I’m gaining confidence again. I did have some girl (I think she had gills) blow by me about half way through the swim but all in all it was a good night. Here is a picture of the start.

Since the beginning I have been asking the old timers (more experienced teammates) about how much the wetsuits help in the swim. I finally got the answer I was looking for on Sunday when I was told it was like swimming on a surfboard. That one short description makes me feel good about the upcoming race. I can make the swim, bike and run and have fun doing it. Next Monday the wetsuits are in and I’ll get to see for myself just how much they help. I’m pumped and already looking beyond this race.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

LOL!! That picture is too funny and a little scary if you think of the pee factor involved :-X