Thursday, March 6, 2008

Each day is a gift

My wife called me this morning and told me that a family friend had died suddenly. This lady was a wife and mother of 6 (I think) girls. She and her whole family were just fun. They were the kind of folks that just made a party better. I don’t think she paid too much attention to her health and I think it is what caused her early death. She died too young.

About a year ago I decided to try to shed a few pounds and get healthier. I even went to the doctor for a checkup and told him everything that was wrong with me (feet hurt, knee clicks, etc...). If you know me, or most men this is big, real big. I never go to the doctor for anything but I wanted to get blood work done and make sure I was ok. The doctor, to my dismay confirmed what I have always thought, I’m fine for now. I can’t remember what triggered my sudden desire to get fit but I am a little better off today for the effort. I can run further and play longer then I could this time last year. Each day is a gift and I want a lot of gifts.

If you’re reading this and keep saying to yourself that I need to do something, stop reading and go do something. I little effort every day will make the difference.

No comments: