Thursday, March 20, 2008

Should I stay or Should I go?

I still have a little cough but I’m feeling better then I have in some time. Today I planned to go for at least a 2 – 3 mile run at lunch and then try to get in some time on the bike trainer when I get home tonight. The plan changed when I decided that I needed to go shopping for a Triathlon suit. I’ll get in a brick (bike and run) tonight at home.

Up until today I have done all of my swimming in a big baggy swimsuit and would be happy to keep it that way but I foresee a problem. I will have to wear something under the wetsuit. If I wet with my current suit it would bunch up and I think it would look like I was wearing a diaper under the wetsuit. I wet to REI and tried on a couple of the few suits they had and ended up walking out with nothing. They did not have the size I really needed and I was having a hard time paying $55 for a suit (especially if it was not the right fit). I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again “this sport is expensive”. I do cheaper then most but it adds up.

Now I didn’t run and I didn’t get a suit. I wasted my lunch hour. I knew I should have stayed and went for a run. At least I coughed up the last of my chest cold at REI! Is it wrong that I’m starting to think that work is getting in the way of me training?

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Amen buddy! I hear you on the sickness front. It STINKS!