Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pushing Myself

Wednesday morning I somehow dragged myself out of bed and made it to the pool. This time change has been killing me. The pool was more crowed then usual but I found an open lane and started swimming. I usually like to do sets of 100s but have wanted to do longer sets so that I can get really tired and practice working through it. Today I decided to just keep swimming and that is what I did. Because I have been trying not to think when I exercise I lost count of the laps right off the bat. I was in a good grove after about 25 minutes and felt like I could do more when I noticed more people getting in the pool. The pool I swim in the morning has 6 lanes, 3 have lane ropes and 3 are just open. I was in an open lane witch is ok if the other people in the open lane don't make too many waves. Back to the folks getting in the pool: 2 older folks with some kind of water weights and 2 young girls in bikinis that could not swim very well. Usually I like to see young girls in bikinis but not today. I decided to go home because I had to get the family up and moving anyway. Oh well, I feel better every swim about the distance, I'll make the swim part of the triathlon.

I planned on running at lunch on Wednesday but got out to my car and had a flat tire that I had to deal with so that ate up my lunch hour. Thursday lunch hour rolls around and I decided to get out of the parking deck and hit the street. A coworker told me about a couple of routes, one route is 2 miles (an up and back) and the other route is a 3 or 4 mile. I thought I would just do the 2 miles because I was unsure of the route but I felt good and need to start pushing myself harder. I got somewhat lost and took my made my own route. I mapped the route when I got back to the office and it ended up being between 4 1/2 miles and 5 miles. I also did the run; including the time it took me to walk through the parking deck in about 45 minutes. Not fast but not to slow either. FEELING GOOD!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Sorry about the flat. That stinks. Sounds like the run the next day was pretty great. I would love to go that far in 45 minutes!

That pool pic is freaking me out. Scary.

Marcy said...

Oooohhh man bummer about the flat. Sweet run you got in there ;-)