Monday, March 3, 2008

Peer Pressure

Team in Training had a group training session on Saturday that included all the teams. It's a good feeling to see all of those people in one spot and to think they are all rising money for the same worthy goal. The running team (marathon and 1/2 marathon) teams are huge and the new (summer) tri team is already bigger then the spring tri team. The summer team is doing the Iron Girl witch is a local sprint so it is filling up fast.

I drove to the event at Chastain Park with the intention of running 4 or 5 miles, maybe even pushing for 6. I soon crumbled under peer pressure and ended up doing 8 miles because "everyone else was doing it”. To tell you the truth this was the furthest I can ever remember running and it felt good. I had some experienced triathletes with me so I got to talk to them the entire way. I pumped them for information about training, nutrition and events that they have completed. It made the time go by for me but I'm sure they will never run with me again!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Hey thanks for stoppin by! Congrats on the 8 miler! I'm sure the experienced peeps dug given you some pointers ;-)

Ohh and about the balloons, I was totally kidding ;-)

Jess said...

That's the best thing about training with a group -- they always push you to push yourself.

Congrats on your 8!